What is Disney+? How to get Disney+ on TV?
Disney+ is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming service. The media and Entertainment Distribution division of The Walt Disney Company-owned and operated it. The service primarily distributes TV series and films produced by Walt Disney Television and Walt Disney Studios, with dedicated content hubs for Star, Disney, National Geographic, Pixar, Star War, Marvel. TV series and original films are also distributed in Disney+ which released on November 12, 2019, in the US, Netherlands, and Canada and a week later in Australia, Puerto Rico, and New Zealand and in March 2020, European countries and April 2020, in India.
Steps to get Disney+ on TV –
If one loves watching Disney film, then Disney+ is the best option. But even if the subscription is got, then the challenge is getting on the TV. There are few ways to about it. From the TV app store, download the Disney+ app. Here are brief details on how to download on different TVs.
Samsung smart TV and Roku TV –
- Please scroll through the app on the TV home screen till add channel option is seen and select it.
- Scroll the options and choose the Disney+ app.
- Press add the channel.
- Return to home, open the Disney+ app and then login/sing up.
Sony, LG, Philips Smart TV –
- Go to google play store from the home screen of the TV, Sony select or LG content store.
- Type Disney+ in the search box.
- When the Disney+ app appears, select it.
- Press install.
- Once the app is installed, go back to the home screen, open the app, and then login/sing up.
Using a streaming device –
If smart TV is not there, then the TV can be easily turned into a smart TV using a streaming device that will plug into the TVs HDMI port. If Roku Device or Amazon Fire Stick is used, then from the app store on TV, Disney+ can be downloaded. The HDMI port from the TV can be connected to a laptop and play videos from the Disney Plus web browser.